Preparing Your Home
First Impressions are Lasting Impressions.
The exterior of your home often determines how buyers will view the interior, so:
- Make sure your front entrance is clean and inviting.
- Paint or replace your front door if it's faded or worn.
- Add some paint to shutters, trim and any other outside features showing signs of wear.
- Add vibrant plants and put down some fresh mulch.
Accentuate the Positive.
How we live in a home and how we sell a home are often two different things. The Jackie Safran Group will provide you with a complimentary staging consultation. The stager will come with a fresh perspective and knowledge of how to arrange each room to bring out its best attributes. Meantime, there are certain things you can do to prepare for the market:
- Keep windows and floors clean.
- Replace faded wallpaper and glue any areas that have come away from the wall.
- Repair worn woodwork.
- Repaint scarred or dirty walls in a neutral color.
- Steam clean carpeting or replace it, if necessary.
- Repair loose knobs, sticking doors and windows, warped cabinet drawers, broken light switches and other minor flaws.
- Check and repair caulking in bathtubs and showers.